Rak-IT has a back to back agreement in regards to all Holdfast products purchased through out online store. Such Guarantees and warranties are outlined in detail below.
Holdfast Ultimate Guarantee
Holdfast Ultimate Guarantee is designed for South Africans by South Africans and will cover any defect or damage affecting our Holdfast Product. Natural discolouration of material and even damage caused by normal wear and tear will be covered for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of purchase by the original
purchaser. The Holdfast Ultimate Guarantee gives you specific legal rights. It does not affect any statutory rights that you have as a purchaser of a defective product.
Holdfast reserves the right to:
- Repair the item falling under the terms of the Holdfast Ultimate Guarantee
- Replace the item if the damage or defect cannot be repaired
- Offer a similar product of comparable value, or refund the price paid, if we cannot replace with the same model
The Holdfast Ultimate Guarantee does not cover any blemishes caused by the conditions outside Holdfast’s control. This includes, but is not limited to, failure to assemble correctly, misuse, overloading, mounting or using the product or its accessory not in accordance with Holdfast’s written instructions, guidelines, and
safety text. Nor does it cover damage to the user’s vehicle, cargo, or to any other person or property.
The Holdfast Warranty applies to products and accessories produced by Holdfast and or sold under the Holdfast brand. The warranty covers defects in material and or workmanship for an additional 3 year period after the Holdfast Ultimate Guarantee. Subject to the limitations and exclusions described in this warranty,
Holdfast remedies defects in materials or workmanship during the warranty period by repairing or replacing (Holdfast’s option) the defective component(s) without charge for parts or labour.
Please note the following restrictions applicable to the Holdfast Warranty & Holdfast Ultimate Guarantee:
- Holdfast does not cover defects resulting from conditions beyond Holdfast’s control. These include, but are not limited to, misuse, overloading, or from failure to assemble, mount or use the product or its accessory in accordance with Holdfast’s written instructions, guidelines, and safety text. Nor does it cover damage to the user’s vehicle, cargo, or to any other person or property.
- During the period of the Holdfast Warranty, we will not cover damages and/or defects resulting from typical wear and tear (for example electrical parts, surface issues, faulty zipper tape, damaged buckles, coating peeling off)
- Other damage not covered is damage caused by airlines or other transit damage (such as pressure damage; tears, cuts). Damage claims in transit cases should be filed against the carrier.
- The purchaser will be responsible for the cost of returning the component(s)/product(s) and the proof of purchase back to the place where the product was purchased.